Sunday, June 10, 2012

My experience with Delhi Metro....

Last year  I came to Delhi from Mumbai to live with my parents......my parent had shifted to Delhi years back while i was studying in Mumbai….....i did my graduation in Mumbai and it was  familiar to me but this new metro city was a going to be a new experiences  .

After coming here the 1st thing that was on my mind was a good job... I made my resumes and uploaded it online on all job portals....within some days I started getting calls from companies.....Just after 3 weeks I planned to visit some of the firm and scheduled my appointment with them........


On the appointed day I got ready early in the morning and requested my dad to drop me to the interview spot …but on the same day he had an important meeting with his client so he suggested me to take metro.. As metro is the safest transport mode in Delhi so was not worried at all… he dropped me to the metro station…

1st time I saw a beautiful huge structure with trains hanging in the air, I mean they run on the high rail bridges ...I didn’t knew how to board..... I was very angry on my Dad how can he leave me alone with this thing....then realized that I have to fight with it daily so it’s important for me to get little more smart......I  went to the counter and told the counter man about my destination station he asked me to buy the ticket.... I asked him where should I go to buy it... he simply pointed the finger at a place where many people were standing in a Queue...I also stood there when my turn came which was pretty faster he asked me what I want and I said ticket..... He said “you mean token”,  I told him that  “I want to go to Barahkhamba can I know how can I reach there”... he asked me do I have pass or do I want a token ...I said I want a cheaper ticket.. he made a pass for me and took the required information from me... And he charged me two hundred rupee you can see how cheap it is.... with that blue pass I came out of the Queue and was stunned to see that this is just the beginning there is more steps to go.... I went back and said “sorry to disturb you can I know how to use it”... he pointed me to the same counter from where I came towards him... I shook my head in distress and went straight to the man in the counter and told him that I am new and I don’t know how to use this so kindly help”.... and then he began “this is pass and the minimum refill is Rs 100 so now when you have made your card you can travel anywhere and can punch on the entry and exit machine any number of time you want .you will not need to stand in queue for checking. there at the entry you keep your luggage on the scanning machine and then enter the ladies checking door and then punch your card on the entry machine door....then board the train. When you reach the destination exit by punching the card again on the machine door.

I nodded my head and went to the scanning machine and then through the check-in door where a lady police constable checks you to confirm that you are not carrying any dangerous or suspicious object with you.....then I collected my luggage and went to the entry door which was automatically operated... I took the card and punched it on the screen and the panels opened I went through it and the panels closed....." Wow.....what a mechanism I have never went through it before ... my country is progressing.... good engineering...oh... then I went to see that there was two side and on each side there was an escalator and a staircase... and  a sign board with the names written on it....it confused me .I was fumbling around to find what to do now.... which way to go... I asked a man who was passing by me .." excuse me can you please help me which side I should go to board the train .... I have to go to barahkhamba... he asked me to go to my right side and take the train... I went up and within a minutes the train arrived I entered in to it....Oh My god...what a Train.... just at that very instant the whole Mumbai local train view came in front of my eyes .... Damn it’s so different what a train with a.c and so good chairs and all surrounded with glass window... and on the whole it’s like a total on air view of whole Delhi.., you can see the whole town through the Metro train... through the windows you can see all the view from where the train crosses..... I was very excited and was expecting to see the whole Delhi which is one of the most beautiful place in India...... I had no map of the metro ... so I didn’t knew when will my station come so to make sure that I know when I need to get down I asked a lady sitting just by my side ... "excuse me madam, can you tell me when will barahkhamba come...she told me that it will take one hours to reach ".  how will I know..." she said either by this announcements or otherwise you can see the map on the top of the door of the train whenever the station crosses the red light glow so you can locate by that ." . wow u mean to say there is a place locater in the train.....what a modern train it is…..There such a big difference between Mumbai and Delhi Public transportation. And then started my trip to brahakhamba on Delhi metro…. I was looking forward to enjoy every bit of the journey……step by step all metro station came and I turned my head towards the window to see the outer scenery . slowly steadily many station passed and with that the people in the train also increased…. The ladies compartment was so full that many ladies where standing… again the same thing….seats were less and passenger were more. then one thing attracted my attention ….one young lady gave her seat to an old lady and that too without complaining or any request.. this is one of the good thing in Delhi here people are more sensible and they show respect to old peoples and physically handicapped etc… they automatically give their hard earned seats to them and the travel throughout standing…we crossed many stations and I was watching real Delhi from the top .

Then came Rajiv chowk. It was just like our dadar or any of the western line station…a huge amount of crowd got down then a same amount of people got in…so there was no change in space and people ratio…that was an underground station… not only air but under the ground also Delhi metro runs… king of Aakash ,Dharti and patal….

The aunty next to me poked me and said “ the next station is yours.” I asked her “where shall you be getting down…” she said noida ….In 3 mins my stations announcement happened and I got up to leave …check your luggage is one of the important thing before u leave….there was not so much of crowd in Barahkhamba and I went off the metro…..there again I was looking here and there to exit the metro station..then I asked some mans on their duty which side should I exit… after a long directional conversation about the exit door I finally punched my card on the exit door and came out of metro station….Barahkhamba is a big , beautiful and completely corporate habitat….. I liked it ….now my only aim was to clear the interview…once again after inquiring lots of people I came to locate my interview location… where already the interview started….

I loved my 1st journey in the metro of Delhi . some of its things that  amazed me was the use of high end technology. Everything was so perfectly controlled and monitored…this simply makes me sure that my country is not interested in making the country technically strong..otherwise this metro shall be in every city …the government can do things in perfection but they don’t do it….







4 comments: